- Know your limits and keep them.
- Break your habits such as going for a pint after work or after a game of tennis or
- No one is expecting you to get drunk; keep it that way.
- Drink to enjoy not to block your feelings.
- Alternate your alcoholic drinks with soft drinks, for example,. after a pint of lager have a
pint of orange and lemonade.
- Don’t buy rounds. It leads to excessive drinking.
- Avoid drinking if feeling low or stressed out as your will power is at its lowest.
- Go for low strength bears and alternating them with soft drinks if you are going to be in a
drinking environment for a while.
- Always eat before your drinking session.
- Remember sensible drinking is about drinking 3-4 units of alcohol for males and 2-3 units of
alcohol for females per day but not every day.